Every member of staff is committed to ensuring the wellbeing of the children at Luddenham School.
We offer a wide variety of pastoral support for children who are encountering emotional difficulties. These include:
- Members of staff such as the class teacher, teaching assistants, SENCo, Headteacher and admin staff, being readily available for children who wish to discuss issues and concerns.
- Where appropriate mediation sessions are carried out by the SEN TAs.
- Specific interventions such as social skills groups are run (if needed.)
- Provision is made at lunchtime for children experiencing behavioural difficulties. The children attend a lunch club that is closely supervised by a Teaching Assistant.
- Buddies (year 6 children) are available during play and lunch times for children to talk to if they have friendship issues or worries.
- Where required, referrals will be made to specialist outside agencies such a play therapy team and the Educational Psychologist Service.