- You will be able to discuss your child’s progress at Parent Consultation Meetings.
- Appointments can be made to speak to the class teacher at the end of the day.
- Appointments can be made to speak to the SENCO by visiting or phoning the school office.
- Every child receives an annual report of attainment in relation to expected achievement
- Targets are sent home and reviewed three times a year.
How will you help me to support my child’s learning?
- All children are supported in their home learning through homework and regular newsletters, text messages and information updates on social network sites.
- Where appropriate/necessary, specific contact books are set up in which messages can be exchanged - these differ from the typical contact books as these will usually be for other concerns regarding a child's need.
- The class teacher may suggest ways of supporting your child’s learning during Parent Consultation Meetings, requested meetings and where appropriate contact diaries.
Mrs Blaxill SENCO may also meet with you to discuss how to support your child.
In these cases, usually a specific assessment has been carried out and discussion is formed around the results and suggested ways forward. The SENCo may meet with you discuss strategies to use if there are problems with a child’s behaviour or emotional needs - although these will often be with the class teacher in the first instance.